Monday, February 4, 2013

Ezra, Part One: The Sailing Stones

Do you know what the sailing stones are? They are rocks, large rocks, heavy and solid. They are out in the ominously named Death Valley, where nobody goes, with only the wind and sun to keep them company. And they move.

No one knows how they move. They are found miles away from where they were, with deep tracks showing their trail. Scientists have studied them. Some speculate that it is the wind that moves them, others say that it's due to ice floe.

I have a theory of my own. I think they move because they want to move. They move and we can only speculate on their motives.

My name is Ezra. I have motives of my own in telling this story. There are some stories that should be set in stone. This is one of them.

This is the story of the King and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment